Growing in your Faith
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." -II Corinthians 5:17
There are a few things to understand early on about your faith in Christ:
1. You won't lose God's gift; otherwise, God wouldn't have called it "eternal life."
"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." -John 10:28-29
2. You should be baptized after deciding to put your faith in Jesus.
"Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls." -Acts 2:41
3. You should join a Bible-preaching Church.
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." -Hebrews 10:25
4. You should read the Bible and try to study it every day.
"As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby." -I Peter 2:2
5. You should pray every day.
"Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice." -Psalm 55:17
6. You should tell others how to accept Jesus' sacrifice and gift of eternal life, known as salvation.
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." -Mark 16:15